Computer Graphics Community
Stretchable rigging - Printable Version

+- Computer Graphics Community (http://www.cgshelf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: 3D (/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Rigging (/forum-60.html)
+--- Thread: Stretchable rigging (/thread-123.html)

Stretchable rigging - jhonpsamuel - 02-25-2007 06:02 PM

hi guys

i am new to rigging...... i am doing my demo reel now for which i am rigging a cartoon character......i want that character to be fully flexible......i should be able to stretch the parts do anyone know how to do it.............

RE: Stretchable rigging - Anand - 02-26-2007 07:49 PM

i think u r talking about the madagascar like thing...right? Actually i also wnt to about that.

RE: Stretchable rigging - arjun - 04-04-2007 08:58 PM

to make a stretchable rig use a distance tool and measure the distance between the start and end point of the ik. then connect its distance attribute to the input1x of a multiply divide node and give the input2x also same value and make the operator to divide and the outputX of the node can be connected to the scale of the joints you need to stretch now point constrain the base locator of the measure tool to the ik and the top to the starting joint...

RE: Stretchable rigging - chandra - 07-07-2007 05:32 PM

hi.......

this is intresting.......can u make a detailed tutorial about this..

Chandra

RE: Stretchable rigging - arjun - 07-09-2007 11:13 PM

Nice question. Soon a tutorial wil be released in our tutorial section
thanks

RE: Stretchable rigging - fennyjohn - 06-29-2011 03:31 AM

To do a stretching rig tools and measure distances using the distance between the start and end points of the IK. Then from the multiplication of sub-attributes input1x nodes, and give input2x have the same value, so the operator can divide and outputX nodes connected to the scale of joint extension now need a little restraint base locator measurement tools and start at the top of IK.