Computer Graphics Community
Dynamic Rig - Printable Version

+- Computer Graphics Community (http://www.cgshelf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: 3D (/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Rigging (/forum-60.html)
+--- Thread: Dynamic Rig (/thread-169.html)

Dynamic Rig - arjun - 04-18-2007 02:06 PM

Does anyone know how to make a dynmic rig for tail and hair of the characters.............

RE: Dynamic Rig - cagebee - 04-18-2007 02:17 PM

You can make it in couple of ways....The one which i feel is easy is...

Create a chain of joints for the tail or hair...and apply a ik spline ....so wht u get is a curve controlling the joints....so select the curve and goto Maya hair menu and select make curve dynamic.....Control the Stiffness and other parameters...

You can simulate this once the character is animated......

Hope this helps...

RE: Dynamic Rig - arjun - 04-18-2007 05:12 PM

Thanks it worked i need 1 more helf if i have to give a scitch for this......... imean manual as well as dynamic control how to do....

RE: Dynamic Rig - cagebee - 04-19-2007 11:01 AM

arjun Wrote:Thanks it worked i need 1 more helf if i have to give a scitch for this......... imean manual as well as dynamic control how to do....

If u want a switch then it can be done...but right now the idea wht i have is..

Create one bone setup for manual ctrl and another for dynamic and one for skining with the mesh.

then point and orient contraint each joint with the Skining Joint (typicall how u setup a FK/IK Switch for arm with 3 Bone setup)

For one joint add FK Curves and another one add Dynamic curve setup.

create a ctrl in the rig and add a attribute to switch between these. (ON/OFF the constraints)

This is Kind of Pain in the A** procedure....still hope it will work...i am sure there are other ways to do it.. i will let u know if i once i figure it out.

Hope it helps

Bye

Anand P
Rigger / VFX Artist
Kilnidea Animation

RE: Dynamic Rig - kannan - 04-19-2007 04:00 PM

Thanks

RE: Dynamic Rig - alinamillor - 01-29-2011 04:16 AM

The basic rigs not even to the patterns of, and I have not found many impulse, these rigs. Usa the signs of which depends upon the time that I should 'is not dynamic. Dynamic is an act of or as the ratio of their motion and fro as far as he came down.