Computer Graphics Community
color diffs in Photoshop - Printable Version

+- Computer Graphics Community (http://www.cgshelf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Image manipulation (/forum-46.html)
+--- Forum: Adobe Photoshop (/forum-48.html)
+--- Thread: color diffs in Photoshop (/thread-284.html)

color diffs in Photoshop - vanessa - 08-28-2007 04:32 PM

my colors look different in Photoshop but not in other applications. Any ideas?

RE: color diffs in Photoshop - mathew - 08-29-2007 09:03 PM

goto edit>color settings and try restoring the values as seen in the pics below..may be that could help you out..

[attachment=79]

or reinstall the appilication..as simple as that Big Grin

RE: color diffs in Photoshop - FReakArTist - 08-31-2007 03:34 PM

ya, I agree with mathew,go to edit - Color Settings. Check the settings. This changes how color is viewed inside of Photoshop. Depending on if you have your monitor calibrated, or if you alter your gamma settings- you can turn Color Management OFF, you can do the same for Illustrator as well, because these settings will differ between the 2 programs, which is also why you get a different result when pasting into Photoshop from Illustrator.

RE: color diffs in Photoshop - vanessa - 08-31-2007 07:20 PM

so i c. it's all about color management. thanks alot guys, i didn't think it was so easy.

color diffs in Photoshop - fentorydekson1 - 12-08-2010 03:00 AM

Yes, You can go to EDIT options and then go to Colour setting and change configurations.

RE: color diffs in Photoshop - sheilafoster - 12-23-2010 04:56 AM

Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Photoshop Extended and expanded, the need to use additional features. Adobe Photoshop Extended Version includes Adobe Photoshop and design standards, except for Adobe's Creative Suite is included in all products.

RE: color diffs in Photoshop - aloksthephon - 01-25-2011 01:20 AM

Viewing images outside PS' environment will still give a different color presentation, simply because most simple image viewers are not color profile aware. You can only calibrate to get them to show the right colors by ways of your global system color profile. PS itself assumes a properly calibrated sRGB space, if no other color profile is assigned anywhere.

RE: color diffs in Photoshop - semontuffel - 06-21-2013 04:19 PM

Adobe Photoshop is a really best for a different colour setting. Different colour setting is a depend for a image. Photoshop and lllustrator are manufactured by Adobe there are quite some different.