Computer Graphics Community
Prasenjit Roy - Printable Version

+- Computer Graphics Community (http://www.cgshelf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Artist Corner (/forum-61.html)
+--- Forum: Upcoming Artists (/forum-62.html)
+--- Thread: Prasenjit Roy (/thread-407.html)

Prasenjit Roy - albinjoseph - 03-25-2008 10:23 PM

[Image: prasenjithroy.jpg]

Prasenjit Roy
3D Artist, Bangalore

Q: Can you tell us a little bit about yourself?
A : I'm Prasenjit Roy , Connected to the 3D field for the last four years and 3 and a half years with the production houses and professional works.I'm currently in Bangalore.

Q: What made you select Computer Graphics as your career?
A : I selected it as my profession as i feel I'm creative enough and it matches my test and comfort level as well as skillset and confidence level and finally my interest in art and sculpture.

Q: Do you feel that knowledge of traditional art is necessary in modeling?
A : Yea definitely.If you already have some expertise in it, then it's surely an added advantage or else by the time you become an expert in modeling, you get the knowledge of art also.Its the base of modeling. knowledge of Art and 2D is a must in the long run.

Q: What Software packages do you use?
A : For modeling I use Autodesk Maya mainly and for detailing I prefer Mud Box.

Q: What are some of the techniques you use during modeling?
A : Modeling is something like the electronic version of sculpting . To be an expert in it, I feel one needs to develop his own style . I'm quite comfortable with both extrude or box modeling techniques.

Q: Is their something that you cannot work without?
A : Peace of mind and passion of art .

Q: Where do you see yourself five years from now?
A : Hopefully I would like to be a Production incharge or Art director.

Q: Who or what inspires you the most?
A : The problems we face day by day in this industry and work process inspire me to find a solution for them and move forward.

Q: What advice would you give to upcoming CG Artists?
A : If you want to be in this field then you really need to be up -to-date and skillful enough. The day you slow down a bit , the person next to you will come and take your place and in times he will cross you.

Q: If you had an opportunity to work on any project you like, what project would you choose and why?
A : I would like to work on a hyper realistic movie with a combination of real footage. I would like to give shape to my ideas and give shape to some thing that is not there in reality,i.e.some strong wild character.

[Image: Boy.jpg]

[Image: conceptcreature.jpg]

[Image: oilpaint.jpg]

[Image: conceptmodel.jpg]

RE: Prasenjit Roy - michellejane - 06-16-2010 02:55 PM

I appreciate your knowledge towards subject . I never heard about Prasenjit Roy before here . In question answer formate very nice description provided about Prasenjit Roy.I like his creativity.

RE: Prasenjit Roy - harrylee - 12-23-2010 10:21 AM

Thank you very much for share here this precious question answer here. It is very useful. It Is really good information here you share. I like read your Answer. It is saw your have excellent knowledge.

RE: Prasenjit Roy - reachprasenjit2001 - 01-06-2012 10:12 AM

Thank you