Tips on Lighting - Printable Version
+- Computer Graphics Community (http://www.cgshelf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: 3D (/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Lighting and Rendering (/forum-15.html)
+--- Thread: Tips on Lighting (/thread-412.html)
Tips on Lighting - arjun - 04-06-2008 08:51 PM
1. Place the lights as close as possible to the character to avoid unnecessary lengthy shadows.
2. Eye is an important part of characters so make sure eyes are always brightened enough.
3. Always take rim light as a seperate pass so its easier to make a sepration of character fro BG.
4. Use maxium spotlights as possible because point lights are expensive for rendering.
5. Avoid the idea of negative lighting.
6. Use decay for realistic falloff.
7. Use large filter when the shadow resolution is small.
8. Nerver keep any part of the seen pure black dark make sure some information is present throughout the frame.
9. Make sure the action Happens in the brightest part of the Scene
RE: Tips on Lighting - aarenlainey - 05-12-2010 12:10 PM
Nice tips on lighting. The right changes to lighting can make an animation more interesting. Reddish or yellowish light adds warmth to a scene. Bluish light creates a cool feeling to the scene. Highlights on a solid or transparent object can be created without special lighting using a 2D texture. When using backlighting, set the light above and behind the object.
RE: Tips on Lighting - jendra - 06-16-2010 06:13 PM
Use linear fluorescent tubes and energy efficient compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFLs) in fixtures throughout your home to provide high-quality and high-efficiency lighting. Fluorescent lamps are much more efficient than incandescent (standard) bulbs and last about 6 to 12 times longer.
RE: Tips on Lighting - adimarten23 - 08-16-2010 01:20 PM
Wow I really like this thread. I am very thankful to all of you for your great post which will very helpful to me.Today lighting effect is very useful in every project.And Your tips will be very useful for that.
RE: Tips on Lighting - cliffordalton - 12-02-2010 12:59 AM
Tips on lighting is as under: -
1) The ceiling lighting many lamps and accessories extra.
2) It is better to decorate with streetlights Brigte our room, because the right type of lighting for your floor can add to its charm.
3) wall of the house is the important part of the lighting.It give a more ambient lighting style.
RE: Tips on Lighting - ralleydesew - 01-20-2011 11:45 PM
You can use a golden hourto do more dramatic black and white. It happened an hour after sunrise and one hour before sunset. In the golden hour, the sun is near the horizon and lights are long. It is visible light and soft shadow becomes intense.
RE: Tips on Lighting - aloksthephon - 01-25-2011 01:13 AM
Light to be emitted from a natural source, such as solar or artificial, such as flash or continuous light sources. The main feature of the shape of the light curve is the light intensity or brightness. There are several ways to control the intensity of light striking the subject. In the study, the power can be adapted to modern fire.
RE: Tips on Lighting - danialclarcke - 01-29-2011 12:41 AM
Nice tips on lighting. The right to change the lighting can make an animation more interesting. reddish or yellowish adds warmth to the scene. blue light creates a sense of freshness to the scene. Stresses in a transparent or solid object can be created without using special lighting 2D texture. When you use the backlight, adjusting the light above and behind the object.
RE: Tips on Lighting - rickysmartin - 02-08-2011 02:54 AM
Light comes from natural sources like solar or artificial, such as flash and continuous light sources. The main feature of the light curve shape and light intensity. There are various ways to the intensity of light striking objects to manage. In the study, their effects adapted to the modern fire.
RE: Tips on Lighting - shannon - 02-11-2011 11:39 AM
Nice tips. Using the lights nozzle to help reduce the amount of shadows and reflections. This is particularly effective when shooting dark objects, metal or glass. Of course, as the other settings, you can try to use the speakers are only one or all of the lights.