Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cartoon Character (WIP)
12-22-2007, 01:31 AM
Cartoon Character (WIP)
Hi,
This my first 3D character.
Give me your suggestion.

.jpg  Prespective.jpg (Size: 60.51 KB / Downloads: 80)

.jpg  Front.jpg (Size: 71.73 KB / Downloads: 80)

.jpg  Side.jpg (Size: 63.56 KB / Downloads: 76)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-22-2007, 08:12 AM (This post was last modified: 12-22-2007 08:16 AM by FReakArTist.)
RE: Cartoon Character (WIP)
Hi.Great start for a novice! The only concern i have is that there is a line visible at the center of the character. Just be
more careful when u mirror objects.I'm not so sure about the other technical details.Otherwise good work! Keep it up!
12-22-2007, 08:10 PM
Smile RE: Cartoon Character (WIP)
Thanks FReakArTist,

I have not merge this character, still some more deatail I have to add.
Thanks for suggestion.

FReakArTist Wrote:Hi.Great start for a novice! The only concern i have is that there is a line visible at the center of the character. Just be
more careful when u mirror objects.I'm not so sure about the other technical details.Otherwise good work! Keep it up!
12-23-2007, 12:10 PM (This post was last modified: 12-23-2007 12:11 PM by FReakArTist.)
BAVictory Wrote:Thanks FReakArTist,

I have not merge this character, still some more deatail I have to add.
Thanks for suggestion.

Anytime BAVictory! Can't wait to see the final output!
12-24-2007, 01:15 PM (This post was last modified: 12-29-2007 09:44 AM by Nihal.)
Hi nice design and good model also..... i think it would be nice if you could put an image showing the topology also .... the main thing for a character model is it's mesh topology...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-24-2007, 01:18 PM (This post was last modified: 12-29-2007 09:49 AM by Nihal.)
I find some kind of irregularity where the finger starts from the hand. Maybe you can put a close-up of that also....
12-24-2007, 06:06 PM
Hi Arjun,

First off all this character is not designed by me.I done only modeling part.I don't know the artist name who created this character.But anyone know please give me his/her contact information.
Thanks for appreciate.

arjun Wrote:Hi nice design and good model also..... i think if you can put an image showing the topology also it would be nice .... the main thing for a character models are its mesh topology...
12-24-2007, 06:19 PM (This post was last modified: 12-29-2007 09:52 AM by Nihal.)
Hi Arjun,

Here is topology of model and close-up of hand.
Give me reply.

arjun Wrote:I find some kind of irregularity where the finger starts from the hand. maybe you can put a close-up of that also....

Attached File(s)
.jpg  Body_topology.jpg (Size: 85.35 KB / Downloads: 35)
.jpg  Hand_topology.jpg (Size: 105.77 KB / Downloads: 32)
.jpg  Head_Topology.jpg (Size: 73.71 KB / Downloads: 31)
.jpg  Leg_topology.jpg (Size: 74.18 KB / Downloads: 28)
.jpg  Hand-1.jpg (Size: 35.97 KB / Downloads: 27)
12-26-2007, 10:00 PM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2009 08:59 AM by Nihal.)
Hi
In the body topology the direction of topology should be as shown in image. It also require more mesh detail in the elbow region otherwise when it get deformed it will break.

.jpg  Body_topology.jpg (Size: 38.5 KB / Downloads: 31)

In the hand image the upper part looks very flat you can make it at least a good curvy surface. Between the finger there is a irregular deformation. maybe you can use some other image for reference.

.jpg  Hand-1.jpg (Size: 29.23 KB / Downloads: 30)

The face mesh should have a proper and uniform spread mesh for creating easy blend shape for facial animation. The mesh topology around the lip should be as shown in the image. It will be easy to get shapes while making blends for lip sync.

.jpg  Head_Topology.jpg (Size: 41.21 KB / Downloads: 30)
12-28-2007, 05:02 PM
I will try this.
At present doing another character.

arjun Wrote:Hi
In the body topology the direction of topology should be as shown in image. It also require more mesh detail in the elbow region otherwise when it get deformed it will break.

In the hand image the upper part looks very flat you can make it at least a good curvy surface. Between the finger there is a irregular deformation. ma be you can use some other image for reference.

The face mesh should have a proper and uniform spread mesh for creating easy blend shape for facial animation. The mesh topology around the lip should be as shown in the image. It will be easy to get shapes while making blends for lip sync.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Shy Female Cartoon Character (Wireframe-Nudity) BAVictory 2 7,131 01-12-2008 07:27 PM
Last Post: BAVictory