Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Binu V Koshy
07-15-2007, 10:54 AM (This post was last modified: 07-17-2007 01:15 PM by albinjoseph.)
Binu V Koshy

Binu V Koshy
Animator ,Bangalore

Q :Can you tell us a little bit about yourself:Who you are, where you work and what your designation is in your Studio?
A : Hmm……. Ok .. I am a Curious BIPED as CREATIVE as can be… I have an eye for detail… and ANIMATION is what I do… it Started off as a hobby…But now it’s my LIFE…

My native place is Kerala, but born and brought up in Dubai. I am 22 years old and I am here in Bangalore for last 4years. I completed my Diploma in Digital filmmaking and Creative Animation from SAE Technology College and I am currently doing B.Sc Visual Communication from Annamalai University. I worked around 19months in Thanmathra Creative Solutions, Bangalore as a Character Animator, now working on my portfolio, looking for a great job…

Q :What made you select Computer Graphics as your career?
A : When I was kid I used to watch a lot of TV… I loved cartoons and Tom n Jerry was my favorite.. I was always curious how they were made…. and when I got to know how I was so fascinated and stuck to it that I had no other go but dive into the boundless world of Creative Animation…

Q : Do you feel that knowledge of traditional animation is necessary in Computer animation?
A : I don’t have any professional training or experience in Traditional animation, But I do love to do pencil Drawing and I am not that bad at it. In a way … I think drawing skills can help a lot in CG animation.. But but but …..but what I truly believe is’ if u have got it in you Nothing is gona stand in your way’.

Q :What Software packages do you use?
A : Maya is my key tool, but I just can’t do with out Photoshop in my toolbox.

Q :What are some of the techniques you use during animation?
A : Act it out before you do it… Acting is the key skill I use…. And that’s why Mirror is such an essential accessory at office.

Q: Is their something that you cannot work without?
A : ust can’t think about working without my Cell phone and yes off course no way without Graph Editor

Q: Where do you see yourself five years from now?
A : PIXAR… no doubt about it… DreamWorks is also ok for me….lol ….

Q: Who or what inspires you the most?
A : Anything and Everything that MOVES

Q: What advice would you give upcoming CG Artists?
A : Practice Practice Practice……. Again Practice practice practice

Q :If you had an opportunity to work on any project you like, what project would you choose and why?

A : I would certainly opt for a Children’s Comedy Series, with lot of funny characters and humorous acts…. And if you ask ….hmmm……. just because I love children and love to see them burst out in laughter and be happy…. And if I am able to make the slightest smile on somebody’s face………………. Nothing makes me feel better…..

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-17-2007, 01:17 PM
RE: Binu V Koshy
Great work Binu. Really good animations
Find all posts by this user
07-17-2007, 05:23 PM
Cool RE: Binu V Koshy
Hey Binu,
I must say that your animation clips are quite fresh and interesting!

I especially liked "Funny Feet". I totally digged the toe-tapping concept from Warner Bros' "Happy Feet".

For the Last animation with the creature and the pillow, I really liked the way the pillow was trembeling with fear. I felt that there was a small problem when the creature throws the pillow.

Otherwise,all in all, Good work Binu. All the best for the future!

TonyRyan
07-18-2007, 04:38 PM
hi thanks for the tip.........Big Grin
07-20-2007, 12:25 PM
Wow!! nice animation,especially 1 st and 4 th reel.
Where are you working??
07-20-2007, 04:11 PM
Big Grin Binu's Interview
I agree with you Binu.’ if u have got it in you Nothing is gona stand in your way’.

I believe you've got it man. Just practice a bit more on your animation.

Looking forward to seeing you at PIXAR or DreamWorks.

Cheers,

Tommy
07-20-2007, 04:16 PM
binuvk20 Wrote:hi thanks for the tip.........Big Grin

You're Welcome dude.

TonyRyan
07-27-2007, 10:37 AM
Cool RE: Binu V Koshy
hi check out my new homepage with my full demoreel http://www.ajithk.addr.com/binu/web/index.htm
08-20-2007, 08:32 PM
hi binu
got a great inspiration reading ur interview.thanks a lot for ur information and specially the advice that u gave to the upcoming cg artist.
08-20-2007, 08:37 PM
and binu a very very very very and fantastic mind blowing works