Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
restrict copying image
09-05-2007, 10:05 AM
restrict copying image
hi..
i want to restrict to copy photos from my personal portfolio..
i restricted right click..
the normal saving function function of explorer..
also i want to deactivate print screen function also..
any solution..
i hope a reply..
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-05-2007, 04:32 PM
RE: restrict copying image
Forget about it dude..as far as i know, whatever you do, if i want i can get the image from your site. and printscreen thing would work only in IE. so forget about it Big Grin ...

a novice would always right click and save it...disable it..others who know how to do things will do it. atleast u'll get a majority of people not able to save your image.

if anyone else knows how to do it. please lemme also know...so that i can find a way around cracking it Big Grin
09-06-2007, 11:18 AM
Put Watermark or other signature on your photos,
Post copyright notice for the contents,that’s all!!

Lroj
Find all posts by this user
09-18-2007, 06:08 PM (This post was last modified: 09-18-2007 06:08 PM by albinjoseph.)
As mathew said, no way you can stop copying images from your site.
But you can restrict it to some extend by disabling print screen or right click.

For disabling print screen using javascript just add the following line to your body tag.

Code:
onload='setInterval("window.clipboardData.clearData()",50)'

For eg:
Code:
<body onload='setInterval("window.clipboardData.clearData()",50)'>

This will work in both IE and FF. But the problem is that as long as the window open you will not be able to do any copy paste operations.

This will just disable printscreen when your page is opened. But still the options like IE picture toolbar , browser cache etc are available.

You need to disable the IE picture toolbar, right click and you should not cache any of your pages.
12-16-2010, 09:47 AM
Well, I must say that I do have to agree with Matthew Cherian here because no matter what you do there is always a way with which ones image or a picture can be downloaded so the option of health at its utmost level would be to not go for uploading personal images in the internet. If they are so personal such that you do not want anyone else to see, then mail it, to that specific person or persons!
09-23-2011, 06:34 PM
We are proud to express their photos, we have taken or graphics images, we have created the image of our Web site open only to create the image theft. Some photo's using the terms, they will ask you to your website statement that "these attributes (images) may not be saved or downloaded and watch for the."