09-26-2007, 12:41 AM
Location:Indianapolis, IN, United States
We are looking for an Art Director to lead our art and animation team in the production of a PC game based on a popular tween television franchise. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to lead and manage a flexible art/animation team, contribute to the conceptualization and creative direction of the end product, oversee and advance the art pipeline throughout the development cycle, and have a hand in the creation and implementation of the modeling, texturing, user interface, and animation assets in the game. He/She will require a broad skillset and a vision for how all of the individual art and animation assets fit together to form an overall aesthetic which is complete, cohesive, and true to the franchise brand.
Essential Job Skills:
* Experience managing a team in a milestone-driven work setting.
* Strong illustration, concept art, 3D modeling, texturing, and graphic design skills.
* Proficient use of 3D and 2D art software tools including Maya, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
* Experience using a Commercially-licensed game engine. Experience using GarageGames’ Torque engine is a plus.
* Ability to learn new software tools quickly and effectively.
* Ability to think creatively and to brainstorm creative concepts with other team members. Must be able to write well and contribute directly to game design documentation.
* Ability to effectively communicate with outsourced art contractors and remote studios.
* Ability to create effective Level Design concepts and layouts.
* Ability to meet schedules and milestones on time in a professional environment.
* Ability to work in a small team environment. Must be extremely self-motivated and a continual learner of new techniques and technologies.
* A strong desire to innovate and grow as an artist.
* Strong communication and people skills.
* A demo reel that demonstrates stated essential job skills.
* Willingness to relocate to Indianapolis, Indiana.
* Experience with pixel and vertex shaders.
* Experience creating sky effects, lighting effects, and/or particle effects on a previous game title.
* Knowledge of object-oriented design concepts. Experience coding in an object-oriented language such as C++, Java, Python, Ruby, or ActionScript is a plus.
* Experience using a Software Configuration Management system such as CVS, Subversion, or Perforce.
Job Type: full time
Job Duration: permanent
Number of Jobs: 1
Company Description: Bloomquai, (rhymes with “Moon Pie”), Studios is a leading independent developer bent on cultivating revolutionary change and the creation of artistically inspired interactive games for adults and children of all ages. We are currently at work on a series of licensed kids games for a top television production company. Located in Indianapolis, Indiana, Bloomquai (rhymes with “Vroom Fly!”) offers a nurturing creative environment, competitive wages, a smaller tribe feeling than the big developers, and the benefits of living in a culturally vibrant, hospitable Midwestern city with a low cost-of-living.
Company Address:338 S. Arlington Ave., Suite 202
Indianapolis, IN 46219
|Possibly Related Threads...|
|SR ART DIRECTOR||Postman||0||1,419||
09-25-2007 10:54 PM
Last Post: Postman
User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)