Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I create a thumbnail for video
12-21-2007, 12:35 PM
How do I create a thumbnail for video
Hey evry1. i wanna create a flash video that will play external FLV files using actionscript.

I have already created the player with controls. Now I wanna know an easy way of making a thumbnail that shows the 1st frame of the video it represents.

Anyone out there who can help?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-21-2007, 03:22 PM
Creating a Thumbnail for Video
An easy way would be to make thumbnails from those FLV files and then use them as buttons instead of loading and then extracting the first frame of each FLV file. This way you don't need to load all FLV files which is a waste of server time and bandwidth. I suggest you use Internet Video Converter (Freeware) to cut out frames from your FLV files. You can download it from here.

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/internetvid...erter.html

Hope this solves your problem.
All the best!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-22-2007, 06:54 AM
RE: Creating a Thumbnail for Video
ok.will try it.Thanx for the inputs
12-23-2007, 12:00 PM (This post was last modified: 12-23-2007 12:02 PM by GRAPHMANIAC.)
RE: Creating a Thumbnail for Video
Hi Nihal. i used FLVs as buttons and extracted 1st frame of each file using Internet Video Converter. I found it quite easy. Thanx again!
10-05-2010, 03:51 PM
RE: How do I create a thumbnail for video
Thumbnailer is a one of "must have" applications for video enthusiasts. It is very helpful for creation of thumbnail images of any video you are playing in Windows Media Player. You can share this image through your friends, it is very helpful in the case of exchanging your videos through torrents and other file exchanging systems. Or you can save it along with the movie file in order to create your movies catalogue.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Video Streaming in Flash haicharlie143 2 3,502 10-02-2007 01:56 AM
Last Post: haicharlie143