Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Maya or 3DS max
02-18-2008, 10:43 AM
Maya or 3DS max
Guys,

I was into web programming upto now. I have some experiace in HTML, CSS, Javascript etc. Now I am thinking about learning some 3D softwares. Which one would you guys suggest? Maya? 3DS ? or any other software ?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-18-2008, 12:53 PM
RE: Maya or 3DS max
Maya is better
Maya Software is a powerful one for Modeling,animation,rendering and game development .Try Maya Personal Learning Edition software ie special edition for students.

Sankoodali
02-18-2008, 04:06 PM (This post was last modified: 02-18-2008 04:32 PM by programmer.)
Thanks Sankoodali for your suggestions. I did not know there is a free Maya Personal Learning edition available. I am downloading it from Autodesk site as I am typing it.

Do you have any idea what are the missing features in Maya Personal edition compared to business edition.
02-19-2008, 09:39 AM
I would say feature wise there is no much difference between Maya complete and Maya Personal Edition. But there are some limitations in Maya Personal Edition so that it could not be used for commercial purposes. Following are the major limitations of Maya Personal Learning edition.
  • A watermark image on all rendered images
  • No hardware rendering
  • Save format will be only Maya Learning edition file format
  • There are some limitations on the size of the image from some render or components
  • Python is not available as a scripting language

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-19-2008, 09:55 AM
What is the difference between 3D's Max and Maya??

Bond007
02-19-2008, 10:53 AM
Actually overall functionality is similiar. But 3D max is very strongest in Game development.Autodesk launches 3ds Max 2009 Entertainment Software and introduces 3ds Max Design 2009 for design professionals, These software offer new rendering capabilities, improved interoperability with industry-standard products as well as additional time-saving animation and mapping workflow tools.

Maya is using for film making.
eg:Spider-Man, Star Wars, The Lord of the Rings, Gladiator, The Matrix, Terminator 3 etc.

Sankoodali
02-24-2008, 03:36 PM
Both softwares has its own advantages and disadvantages. Still maya is most widely used in industry because it gives the user to customize the software fully as per the need of user.

Since it has more users the tech support is also widely available.
02-25-2008, 07:02 PM
hi,
Max and Maya, two leading softwares in the 3d industry. Both have it's own advantages and disadvantages..........Max is mostly devoted for architectural works and for games. Maya is mosly used in the animation or in the efx feild......This is a personal intrest like how you choose the cars......All car will run if you drive properly. Some have better miliage with less power or bhp and in the other end with less milage with more power. But the funda is how you drive............It's as simple as that..........