Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Maya beginner
02-19-2008, 11:34 AM
Maya beginner
I installed Maya learning edition. Now I want to start with Maya. Not sure where to start. Since I have some programming background I think learning MEL will be easy. What you guys suggest?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-24-2008, 03:40 PM (This post was last modified: 02-28-2008 08:01 AM by Nihal.)
RE: Maya beginner
ya but to go ahead with mel you should know how the engines inside maya works.... try starting with modelling tools in maya........as you get more into the tools you can get to know about engine.

also in help there is a section called MEL commands where you get all the mel commands in maya and the description for that also. that would be really helpful for you.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-25-2008, 06:42 PM (This post was last modified: 02-28-2008 08:03 AM by Nihal.)
Hi programmer,

Good to see your intrest towards the graphics feild. Personally i feel, if you have a asthetic sence towards life that will be an added advantage in this 3d feild. This doesn't mean that you should be an artist or you have to knw the anatomy or even to draw. But a ordinary person with a passion to this feild can succeed. You have to deal with artists and if you could grasp their needs with a artistic mind, that's it.

Also like any platform you have to know the interface of the particular software and the pipeline of the production. May be here a little bit hard to get into the flow, but once you done.......then rock yourself.........anyway good luck........
02-25-2008, 07:27 PM
Thanks for your inputs.
Martin Wrote:Also like any platform you have to know the interface of the particular software and the pipeline of the production. May be here a little bit hard to get into the flow, but once you done.......then rock yourself.........anyway good luck........

But what is that pipeline of the production?
02-26-2008, 06:55 PM
Cool RE: Maya beginner
production pipeline is nothing but getting inputs from somewhr to you and the output that you create or solve will goto next level. Here in 3d the input will come from different department... roughly from efx department, rigging depart, lighting depart etc...Here you have to learn wht exactly is their need. May be you have to make some extra plugins or sometimes you have to fix some bugs within maya or anything related to the softwares. Logic is that you have to make the way clear to all other departments and in somecase, make their way bit easy though some shortcuts.....
02-11-2011, 12:45 AM
So Maya started with a small real-time a little more. I have the experience, blenders, but they are very different. I think mainly for any video or PDF tutorial.
11-22-2011, 10:41 AM
Good to see your intrest towards the graphics feild. Personally i feel, if you have a asthetic sence towards life that will be an added advantage in this 3d feild. This doesn't mean that you should be an artist or you have to knw the anatomy or even to draw. But a ordinary person with a passion to this feild can succeed. You have to deal with artists and if you could grasp their needs with a artistic mind, that's it.
09-24-2013, 02:36 PM
It is great that you have show a great interest towards graphics, one think note that creativeness is major thing in this field, if you have creative nature then you must success in this field.