Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
web mail
05-01-2008, 10:16 AM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2008 12:30 PM by Nihal.)
web mail
i heard that google is providing webmail, freely for organisation sites.
google Apps (http://www.google.com/a)
the interface is exactly like gmail...
let me know more about it.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-01-2008, 12:13 PM
RE: web mail
Google apps can be used by any websites. I think the only requirement for that is we need to have our own domain. We can sign up there. Once we updated the cname record we will be able to send and receive emails using google apps and our emails will be of the format user@mydomain.com. The interface is gmail interface only. It also provides features like calender, chat, docs etc.
05-01-2008, 12:28 PM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2008 12:34 PM by Nihal.)
Yes.That's true bpsujith. Google Apps is a service offered by Google for utilizing custom domain names with a number of Google products. There are loads of Web applications which provide more or less the same functionality of traditional office suites. These include:
Gmail,Google Talk,Calendar,Docs,Page Creator & Sites.

Standard Edition is free. The Premier Edition, which offers 25 GB of e-mail space, is $50, per year/ per account. The Education Edition, which is free, combines features from the Standard and Premier editions.

For all of you who are used to the Google Interface, Google Apps rocks! It is very user friendly. So, if for e.g. your company Web Address is bpsujith.com, you can access your mail by going to
mail.bpsujith.com. The interface will be exactly the same as gmail, but with your company name!

Regards
Nihal
05-01-2008, 01:36 PM
Thanks for your valuable information.
i joined in google apps.
i created my webmail in that.
but the problem is that i can't enter to mail box,
each time login to mail entering only to the startpage.

also i want to create more than one webmail.
for the members of an organisation.
is it possible?
05-01-2008, 10:01 PM
bpsujith Wrote:but the problem is that i can't enter to mail box,
each time login to mail entering only to the startpage.

Do you mean partner pages? If yes click on the mail or inbox link available or enter the url http://mail.google.com/a/yourdomain.com, this will take you to the mail box.

bpsujith Wrote:also i want to create more than one webmail.
for the members of an organisation.
is it possible?
Do you mean more than one email ids by more than one webmail. if yes its easy. You just need to click on User Accounts -> Create new user for creating any new users.
05-02-2008, 02:47 PM (This post was last modified: 05-02-2008 02:50 PM by bpsujith.)
Do you mean partner pages? If yes click on the mail or inbox link available or enter the url http://mail.google.com/a/yourdomain.com, this will take you to the mail box.

i entered the link but showing service not available
plz check the link
http://mail.google.com/a/sujithvengara.com

any need for configure my website control panel?
05-02-2008, 03:04 PM
When you login to your dashboard what is the status of your email service? Is it active? If not that could be the problem. You need to change some mx record for accessing your emails.
05-03-2008, 09:57 AM
Thanks a lot, its working
02-16-2011, 12:39 AM
Web mail as a way to access your email account. This is based entirely on the network, so the post office name. Web e-mail or website the term used to describe two things. Use this term to describe a Web mail client mail client to achieve in the Web application through a Web browser.
Find all posts by this user
11-25-2011, 10:55 AM
The interface is the interface of Gmail only. It also provides functions such as calendar, chat, documents, etc. Google applications can be used by any website. I think the only prerequisite is that we need our own domain. We can register there. Once updated the cname we will be able to send and receive email with Google Apps and our emails will be of the format user@mydomain.com.
Find all posts by this user