Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Light Baking
02-18-2007, 10:59 AM
Light Baking
hi,

hw is the light baking helpful in texturing and hw it works?

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-01-2007, 09:59 AM (This post was last modified: 04-01-2007 10:00 AM by Michael.)
Toungue RE: Light Baking
Light baking is mainly using in the game industry.Light baking is nothing but getting all the light details in a texture format. ie, if u bake the light in a particular scene, the light information, including shadow will convert into a image. But this image is depended on your uv layout. That image with all light information you can take into photoshop and can add into the color map. Now you can remove all lights and can put one ambient light in your scene. So that you will get a feel that your scene is well lighted with proper shadows and other details.
06-04-2010, 10:04 AM
RE: Light Baking
Jaccob Wrote:hi,

hw is the light baking helpful in texturing and hw it works?

Thanks

Light baking would be helpful for get the scene as shadow. You will use colour maps and use for as background of the scene. It had been nice. I have also used it. I was got gradient scene through it. I hope that you will also get pretty scene through it.
12-14-2010, 06:46 PM
There are two great tutorials about Baking light and normal maps. Has been released I thought it might be a good tutorial introduces some new features, so I made some. The first tutorial is on the new baking characteristics, and describes how to create a general map of the hi poly model, then the model can be used in the game example.
01-20-2011, 11:49 PM
Light baking is to use a program such as create a texture on one aspect of the scene or in the painting card . It is really amazing art when you design some creative art .