Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Best way to go for a design portfolio site?
02-13-2010, 10:18 AM
Question Best way to go for a design portfolio site?
Hello all,
I'm looking to get a website for my new graphic design firm, and was wondering what the best way to go was. I really only need something simple, basically just a page with my portfolio and a contact page.

What's the best way to do this? Flash site or just simple and clean portfolio? A flash site, something like the gomedia.us site, would be awesome, but I'm thinking that would be way out of my budget. How difficult would it be to design a site like this? How much would the average designer charge for this? My site wouldn't have to be nearly as in-depth or complicated as the gomedia one, but something with that look would be awesome.

Is there any way to get templates for sites like this? Also, how easy is it to update a site like this with new portfolio pieces?

Thanks everybody, sorry for my lack of knowledge in this field.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-12-2010, 12:19 PM
RE: Best way to go for a design portfolio site?
It all depends on your comfort level with coding html/css or Actionscript. But for cheap and simple, you can always buy a template available on some of the site or use wordpress and use one of the many cheap portfolio themes available on the web. You wouldn't win any awards for originality, however the site would look sleek, be easily navigable and function well.
12-18-2010, 07:12 PM
I have built many sites. Payments depend on the content of the site completely. Because the contents of the site has not been confirmed, but it's hard to say what the exact amount and the developer is charging. There are many advantages and disadvantages of a flash site. First, get details on it and then start doing what you think is best for you.
07-12-2011, 09:28 PM
A Flash site, which would be great gomedia.us place, but I think it would be out of my budget. How difficult would it be to design a site like this? How the cost of designer way to do this. My site is not nearly as deep or complicated than a GoMedia, but something to look would be great.
07-20-2011, 02:45 PM
Anytime I face this dilema I just go to themeforest.net as they have a tonne of great templates that cover wordpress, Joomla, Drupal and even ecommerce platforms. I've used them for my own blogs as well as our agency portfolio site. For something like $30 to $40 it doesn't half save a tonne of work and stress and they are all customisable to the point that you can really differentiate yourself from the original template you purchase.

Worth a look anyway. Good luck with it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Are You Searching For Best Web design Company Toptenranking 0 1,865 08-10-2007 07:31 PM
Last Post: Toptenranking