Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fullscreen in Flash
02-20-2007, 12:00 PM
Wink Fullscreen in Flash
Hi everyone. Could you please tell me how to make flash movies fullscreen.
Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-20-2007, 02:41 PM
RE: Fullscreen in Flash
Hi Sathish,

If you just want to view SWF or exe files in full-screen mode, all you have to do is open the file and press Ctrl+F. When you want to close the file, press Ctrl+Q.

If you would like to view a Flash file in full-screen mode as soon as it is opened, you should first open the flash source file (.Fla file). After that, give the following actionscript in the first frame of the flash movie:

fscommand("fullscreen", "true");
fscommand("allowscale", "false");

When you specify true, Flash Player is set to full-screen mode. If you specify false, the player returns to normal menu view.

I know that you only asked for full-screen mode but allowscale is very advantageous. Many flash artists use it when they give the full-screen mode actionscript.

When you specify false for allowscale, the player is set so that the SWF file is always drawn at its original size and can’t be scaled. By Specifying true, the SWF file is scaled to 100% of the player. This way, you can see all your images and text in 100%!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-20-2007, 07:46 PM (This post was last modified: 12-30-2007 04:37 PM by Nihal.)
hi nihal,

So nihal I think you are flash programer. I have a small doubt, how to multiply an object while moving the pointer. Actually I'm doing my personal site, so help me.

Thanks
02-21-2007, 05:06 PM
Thanks Nihal.
02-22-2007, 11:30 AM (This post was last modified: 01-20-2008 10:38 AM by Nihal.)
TonyRyan Wrote:hi nihal,

So nihal I think you are flash programer. I have a small doubt, how to multiply one object while moving the pointer. Actually I'm doing my personal site, so help me.

Thanks

Hi Tony
Could you please be more clear. Did you want it to be as a mouse pointer with trails kinda or do you wanna duplicate something in the stage as you move the mouse?
Mathew
04-13-2007, 04:03 AM (This post was last modified: 12-30-2007 04:24 PM by Nihal.)
sathish hi,

nihal forgot one very important thing,
the fscommand("fullscreen", "true"); works only when you exporting your flash as a projector, EXE file.
you can find it on the publish screen.

one more thing that i find important that you know is that you can't loadmovie SWF (movieclipName.loadmovie) files to the projector file.
04-13-2007, 11:56 AM
Hey, Did I hear someone saying we cannot load movies into projectors??...
Pls chk out the attached file if you need a clarification. If you publish it as a HTML, it may take a lil time to load.
Dont tell me flash gave an "Unexpected file format" message. The file version is 8. contact me if you need an MX or 5 version.

.zip  example_fullscreen_loadMovie.zip (Size: 858.16 KB / Downloads: 73)
04-14-2007, 10:14 AM (This post was last modified: 12-30-2007 04:25 PM by Nihal.)
RE: duplicate object
Yes Mathew.I need to duplicate something like...icons, create small vector graphics...etc while  moving the cursor

thx
TonyRyan
04-14-2007, 03:04 PM
Ryan, You can check out this attachment...put you graphics or icons instead of the butterflies..

file downloaded from http://www.batteryhead.com
again, the flash version is 8. you can get an older version from the above site.

.zip  butterflies_trail.zip (Size: 12.89 KB / Downloads: 41)
04-17-2007, 12:43 PM (This post was last modified: 01-20-2008 10:39 AM by Nihal.)
Big Grin RE: Fullscreen in Flash
davinci Wrote:sathish hi,

nihal forgot one very important thing,
the fscommand("fullscreen", "true"); works only when you exporting your flash as a projector, EXE file.
you can find it on the publish screen.

one more thing that i find important that you know is that you can't loadmovie SWF (movieclipName.loadmovie) files to the projector file.

Hi davinci,
fscommand("fullscreen", "true"); does not only work for exe files,it also works for Flash Player (SWF) files. If you press Ctrl+enter in flash, you will not be able to view your movie in fullscreen, but if you open your SWF file which was created when you pressed ctrl+enter(If you have saved the file), your movie will be in fullscreen mode. Please check the attached swf file and let me know if you have any other doubts about the same.
Regards,
Nihal

Attached File(s)
.rar  1.rar (Size: 3.55 KB / Downloads: 30)